Making sense of it all
The how-to guides, questions-and-answers, and Top-10 lists published on this page are intended to help clarify the more complicated aspects of higher flying. There’s a lot to learn, but hopefully the contents here make the travel industry more navigable for you by helping you become more proficient in it. Topics are broken down by:
- Loyalty Programs and Award Points
- Banks and Credit Cards
And there’s a “General Tips & Advice” section too which consists of articles that, while not as specific as some of the others here, offer suggestions to help you fly even higher. Topics include:
- Traveling more comfortably
- Getting more bang-for-your-buck
- How To: Navigate Norwegian Air’s fees to get exactly what you want
- How To: Not get screwed by Spirit
- Top 10: Questions about alliances
- What’s the difference between Basic Economy and regular Economy?
- What’s the difference between Economy Plus and Premium Economy?
Entries coming soon.
Loyalty Programs and Award Points
Banks and Credit Cards
- How To: Boost and maintain your credit score
- How To: Boost and maintain your credit score, student edition
General Tips & Advice
The posts here are organized thematically, with more coming as they become available.
Traveling more comfortably
- Summer 2022 travel is chaotic, stressful, and expensive, but it doesn’t have to be!
- Top 10: Ways to survive long-haul economy class
- 2019 New Years’ Resolutions
Getting more bang-for-your-buck
- On perceiving “good” value
- Should you buy trip insurance? No!
- Top 10: Ways to fly higher (and get more value from your money!)