Analysis and hot takes galore
In case the content on the “Resources” and “Trip Reports” pages aren’t satisfying enough for you, there’s some analysis and opinion published on The Higher Flyer too. Check out the posts below for some insights in to industry trends and developments, as well as some (potentially) strong opinions on them.
Discussion and dissent (as well as further insight) is welcomed! Feel free to leave a comment on any of the articles, or contact me here if you wish to continue the conversation over email!
The articles here are news-y and technical in nature; they examine the implications of happenings and developments within the industry.
- Airbus unveils updated A380 at Paris Air Show (2017)
- Analyzing the 737 MAX in the contemporary aviation industry (2017)
- Boeing’s in trouble, but that’s good news for higher flyers (2020)
- Coronavirus claimed FlyBe. Who’s next? What’s next? That remains to be seen… (2020)
- Is the Boeing 737 MAX safe to fly? (2021)
- The recovery has begun, but… (2020)
- Unpacking the state of the U.S. airline industry and how it affects higher flyers (Part 1) (2020)
- Unpacking the state of the U.S. airline industry and how it affects higher flyers (Part 2) (2020)
- Would a recession be good for higher flyers? (2020)
- 2021: Introducing the murky next chapter for higher flying (2021)
- 21 higher flyer predictions for ’21 (Part 1) (2021)
- 21 higher flyer predictions for ’21 (Part 2) (2021)
This “Commentary” offers opinions on the state of higher flyer affairs.
- American Airlines “StrAAnds” Dallas Cowboys in Philadelphia (2019)
- DoubleTree Hotels are nice and boring (2020)
- Obama: “If I was just in the Hampton Inn… I’m good.” (2019)
- On the inclusion of photo tours (2017)
- The 737 MAX is safe to fly, but there’s a legitimate reason to avoid it (2021)
- What are frequent flyer miles worth? — June 2019 (2019)
These hot takes are like commentary… only spicier!